Knitting Pipeline

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Easy Microwave Apple Cake


Hurry on over to the Factory Store online www.longaberger.com/paula to purchase the beautiful Woven Traditions Fluted Cake Pans just 2/$26!
Available while supplies last!

I enjoy making this cake in the microwave. It is quick, easy, delicious, and relatively lowfat. What more could a person ask for? Oh, and the pan cleans up like a dream!

Longaberger Products:
  • Large Tip and Mix Bowl
  • Woven Traditions Fluted Cake Pan
  • Woven Traditions Dinner Plate
Recipe
  • 1 box Spice Cake Mix (if you can't find spice mix use yellow cake mix and add cinnamon, etc.)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 can Apple Pie Filling (21 oz)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
In Large Tip and Mix Bowl, mix the dry cake mix, eggs, apple pie filling, and applesauce until moist. Grease pan (I use spray such as Pam.) Pour mixture into the microwave safe Woven Traditions Fluted Cake Pan. Place in microwave and bake on high for 12 minutes. Remove from microwave and cover Fluted Cake Pan with Woven Traditions Dinner Plate (this finishes the cooking process). Let cool slightly. Turn the cake over onto the Woven Traditions Dinner Plate and carefully remove Fluted Cake Pan. Delicious with whipped topping or ice cream.
Variations: (I have not tried these. Let me know if you do.)
  • Chocolate cake mix with cherry pie filling
  • Spice Cake mix with pumpkin pie filling
Warning: Take out about 1 and 1/2 cups of batter before baking or you will have a little cake volcano in the microwave. That happened the first time I baked the cake. So for my Open House in October I decided to be extra clever and bake a small cake in a Soup and Salad Bowl with the extra batter. That would have worked fine except I did not cut down the baking time enough and suddenly smelled smoke which was coming out of the microwave! The cake didn't LOOK that burnt because the burned part was mostly on the bottom. What a fiasco. I've scrubbed the microwave numerous times, boiled vinegar in it, baking soda, you name it and it still smells like smoke. My husband's remark was, "I'm glad I didn't do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment