Knitting Pipeline

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Easy Cinnamon Bread

I am a devotee of cinnamon. If I can add cinnamon to a recipe I will do it. So when I found this recipe for Easy Cinnamon Bread I knew I had to make it for the holidays. To quote the recipe: "This bread is a cross between a typical baking powder-leavened quick bread, and a yeast bread. The result: a cinnamon coffeecake-tasting loaf that's wonderful served plain, and is incredible toasted."

You will need both yeast and baking powder and the rising time is about an hour. I mixed it in my wonderful Kitchen-Aid standing mixer (an appliance I bought when we moved here two years ago and would not want to be without). To find the recipe, go to the King Arthur site and search for Easy Cinnamon Bread. I'm sure the Cinnamon Chips from King Arthur are wonderful but they are also a bit pricey. I looked all over for Hershey Cinnamon Chips and finally found them at Schnucks in Peoria (2 bags for $4.00). Hopefully they are just a seasonal item because I could see myself getting obsessed with them and they are full of fat. Clearly this bread is for special-occasions.


The best yeast I have ever used in 35 years of bread baking is SAF, which I have purchased from King Arthur. You can find it in Peoria at GFC.
I baked it in my Woven Traditions Loaf Dish. It was not baked through at 40 min so I baked it for an extra 10 min. Enjoy!
Next Recipe: Chewy Cinnamon Chip Cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment