Knitting Pipeline

Monday, December 14, 2009

Easy Peasy Table Centerpiece


My centerpiece garnered a lot of attention at the home tour yesterday.

You can make this centerpiece as quickly as you can say, "Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!"

You will need:
  • Handle Platter (on sale today for 12 hours only in Ivory or Paprika!)
  • 15 to 20 oranges
  • 6 lemons
  • 3 limes
  • small silver ornaments
  • evergreen or rosemary springs

Using the Handled Platter fill the bottom with oranges. Add about 6 lemons to the pile and a few more oranges. Dot with 3 limes and stick the balls in there so the candle flames are reflected nicely. Place candles on the ends of the platter, but not too close to the greenery.

For the greenery, I trimmed my rosemary plant, which won't last much longer outside anyway. Rosemary is known as the Christmas herb. Legend is that when the Holy Family fled to Egypt Mary threw her cloak on a rosemary bush and the flowers turned blue. I bet you always wanted to know that.

Now hurry on over to my website or give me a call and get your platter now! The platter is also perfect for baking a loaf of hearty bread (classes coming in Jan and Feb!), for vegetable assortments, serving turkey (keep warm in the oven), or for baking a giant cookie. I'm sure you can think of many more uses! Leave your ideas in the comments section or email me and I will post them for everyone to see. You may remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment